Call for Board Members
Board of Directors – Volunteer Position
About Next Chapter Society
Next Chapter Society is dedicated to helping Alberta’s families healing and moving forward after a divorce or separation. Based in Edmonton, Next Chapter Society has been serving in over 30 communities across Alberta for over 20 years.
We are a lean non-profit organization who has big goals for how we can improve the lives of families experiencing divorce and separation in our province through access to cutting edge supports and programs for all members of the family. Offering multiple programs including Rainbows, an internationally recognized peer support program, Next Chapter Society positively impacts the lives of thousands of Albertans each year.
We are currently seeking applicants for our Board of Directors. This is an opportunity to be involved with a well-established organization serving the needs of children and families. Responsibilities include:
- Provide governance and oversight of the organization’s activities
- Provide financial oversight
- Represent Next Chapter Society at various events and activities
- Demonstrate a commitment to the organization’s mission and programs
- Keep current regarding issues and trends that affect the organization
- Contribute skills and knowledge by participating actively in meetings, both as a board member and while working on committees
- Support families during the transition of divorce and separation
Do You Have:
- Social worker background
- Client trauma understanding
- Community leadership for program growth
- Community leadership for fundraising and promotion
- Psychology, divorce/family separation experience
- Not-for-profit understanding
- 2 year term, can be renewed for an additional two terms (6 years maximum)
- Monthly board meetings (2-3 hours each month – excluding August and December)
- Participation in at least one board committee (2-4 hours each month)
- Participation in Next Chapter Society fundraising events and program activities
- Financial support of Next Chapter Society
- Commitment to Next Chapter Society’s mission, mandate and values
How to Apply:
All applicants with an interest in the Mission and Vision of Next Chapter Society are welcome to apply, and all applications will be considered. Commit to devote the time necessary to perform the duties and responsibilities of Board Directors is essential.
Please send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com
For more information, and to review our Mission Statement and Vision, please view our About Us page.